View All Ted Baker JobsTed Baker
You will oversee the Garment Technologist Men’s and Women’s Team who will be working on styles from prototype through to delivery of the finished product into stores. This role will in particular focus on understanding and embracing the changing needs of the business by developing the knowledge and skills of your team accordingly to deliver effective and efficient results.
- You will be required to manage and lead the Garment Technical Team whilst working on your own product areas
- Analyse results from end of season “lessons learnt” meetings and implement improvements where necessary.
- Develop and train the team to always be moving forward, whilst continually assessing of quality and make
- Ensure sizing and fit are up to date with current trends and new design direction while being relevant to customer profile.
- Experience, knowledge and interest in Pattern Cutting
- Work closely with Design to understand key trends and achieve new silhouettes required
- Improve and maintain our high standards of make, supporting the team with required technical work
- Work with existing supplier base to ensure they can deliver required designs, quality and fit, managing workload and key dates.
- Support Senior’s with onboarding new suppliers on developing processes
- Work closely with Buying and Production Managers, to ensure key fit dates are achieved to deliver bulk on time.
- Overseeing both Menswear and Womenswear GT teams, effectively using created reports to assess and manage workload
- Manage critical dates, on a continual basis to ensure all fit deadlines required by the company Critical Path are achieved
- You will be responsible for ensuring that garment construction methods are maintained to a high standard across all product categories
- Manage business critical meetings, ensuring all stakeholders are available and meet required deadlines
- You need sound technical knowledge across both Menswear and Womenswear, with the ability to confidently fit garments on the body, appropriately for the Ted Baker customer.
- Implement new strategies, where required, to achieve the best team performance and evaluate results.
- To work closely with the Made in Britain (MIB) design team.
- Excellent knowledge and experience on fitting woven, knit and Jersey product groups, from development to bulk approval.
- Knowledge and experience of working with global suppliers
- Ability to create and analyse reports, assess findings and have clear strategies on how to move the business forward.
- Knowledge of physical and chemical properties of various materials
- Extensive experience working as a Garment Technical Manager at a senior level on multiple product areas in the premium and luxury market.
- Understanding and comprehensive knowledge of garment construction
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Qualifications; fashion/pattern cutting
- Experience and knowledge of creating measurement specs for new silhouettes
Company: Ted Baker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A