View All Tesco PLC JobsTesco PLC
Working as part of national team of surveyors, you will be responsible for carrying out building condition and risk surveys on Tesco stores, offices and distribution centres. The surveys will inform the building capital programme. You will support the wider building maintenance strategy and collaborate with the development and maintenance teams with an opportunity to work with structural engineers and specialists to diagnose building defects.
- Ensure compliance on all matters related to building maintenance. Providing feedback to the design standards process to ensure the appropriate building materials are specified.
- Staying current with the building industry including new technology, construction methods and survey techniques.
- Completing property condition surveys to identify defects and building element life cycles.
- Be self motivated; working individually and being comfortable working as part of a team that shares knowledge and understanding.
- Offer feedback and advice towards continuous improvement in the survey process.
- Conducting risk surveys for roofs, car parks and stores, correctly identifying and classifying hazards.
- Conducting scoping surveys ahead of work programmes and ensuring all relevant information for the completion of work is captured.
- Provide technical knowledge and understanding of commercial buildings, including accurately identifying when a building element has reached the end of it’s economic life.
- Work closely with other areas across the Tesco’s business including the landlord and tenant management teams in assets and estates, the wider property team and our retail colleagues.
- Understanding the principles of design, including statutory requirements (CDM/Asbestos).
- Good Communication Skills
- Project Management & reporting
- Building Pathology
- Construction Technology
- Stakeholder management
- Motivated with a proactive approach
- Health & Safety training/awareness
- Full UK Driving Licence
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree/HND in Building Surveying or Construction. Experience in property surveys & risk assessments.
- Experience in construction/works/design management.
- Experience/knowledge of commercial buildings
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A