View All Tesco PLC JobsTesco PLC
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Store Technician. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and offices. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day .
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards.
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLA’s.
- Working to maximise store profitability through following energy saving best practice and ensuring energy faults are reported/fixed.
- Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be escalated.
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, the In Store Technician will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors.
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary.
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience working remotely
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department
- An awareness of up to date Health and Safety measures
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
- Experience working in customer service
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience
- An awareness of cost and budget controls
- Good time management
- Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
- Good communication skills
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Inverness, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A