Website Tiffany & Co.
The Supplier Quality Engineer ensure Suppliers reliably provide goods or services that meet or exceeds Tiffany & Co.’s quality standards. This is a collaborative process between the Supplier and Tiffany, ensuring that products and services meet the agreed-upon requirements with minimum inspection or modification. The role will apply a risk-based approach that assesses the criticality of a Supplier and the probability of failure of a Supplier. This will be done for three different categories:
- Perform Supplier validation audits, with Supplier. Provide technical advice and guidance quality problems, to assist with defects reduction rates, ensures that effective corrective actions are implemented and contributes to supplier quality improvement programs.
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. Supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission.
- Performs regular evaluation and qualification of new products or processes with existing Suppliers.
- Assists with first off sample approvals
- Supports new product launches to ensure that Supplier quality meets the required standards.
- Manages Supplier documentation review (needed updates to process or quality system – example changes to inventory control for stone setting)
- Site visit (Audits of new process or products)
- Provide proactive safety and health leadership by recognizing and rewarding employees who demonstrate good safety and health behaviors and providing immediate, specific, and constructive feedback to employees who violate safety requirements or demonstrate unsafe work behaviors.
- Identify workplace hazards, investigate incidents, educate all direct reports on established safety requirements and ensure ongoing compliance with applicable safety related policies and procedures.
- Research, source, evaluation and qualification of new Suppliers.
- Lead the Supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing / technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environment risks.
- Execution of Supplier selection criteria tool.
- Performs Supplier documentation review (ISO certification, Quality System Assessment)
- Site visits; conducts audit of quality system, processes and overall facility assessment to ensure in compliance with company and federal standards.
- Capable of collecting and analyzing data to help drive root cause (familiar with various data collection tools: micrometers, Tensile and elongation, vision, etc.)
- Excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance skills
- Experience in a high mix environment with a broad supplier based
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Proficient in MS Office tools, Minitab or similar stats tools, reading prints / CAD / 3d Models
- BS in Engineering – Industrial Engineer or similar field (experience will be evaluated in place of degree)
- 3+ years in Supplier Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and practical experience in conducting surveillance audits
- Practical knowledge and experience in leading containment and root cause activities
Company: Tiffany & Co.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cumberland, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A