View All Toyota JobsToyota
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and manage new model projects from all aspects of body engineering in Toyota’s North American Body Manufacturing Shops.
Reporting to the Manager, the person in this role will support the Body Production Engineering department’s objective to provide new model processes to the manufacturing facilities which meet all targets for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Interact with outside groups (Body Manufacturing Pilot, Stamping PE, Plant Facilities, etc.) to divide responsibilities and resolve conflicts.
- Lead your equipment responsibility for the project schedule, budget, weld and dimensional quality confirmation.
- Lead the process development through process design, machine specification, equipment procurement and installation, safety risk assessments, dimensional accuracy investigations and process trials based on project milestones and events.
- Experience working with C3 / Catia
- Dispatch to another site (~1 year) is likely to support project needs
- Toyota Body and/or Welding experience
- Ability to work weekends, holiday periods, and shutdown periods to support tooling modification and installation projects
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel to support work at machine vendors, Toyota manufacturing locations, and occasionally in Japan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Evansville, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A