View All Toyota JobsToyota
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the software development team which creates proof-of-concept (POC) software for Intelligent and Connected Mobility by designing and developing the flexible and expandable architecture of the software system, developing the testbed, and initiating collaboration for realization of the research outcome.
Reporting to the Director of Intelligent Mobility Systems, the person in this role will support the Intelligent Mobility Systems department’s objective to develop and demonstrate the key technologies for future mobility services/platform.
- Design and implement flexible and expandable testbed platform (simulation, in-vehicle system, and cloud-based system) which researchers can easily build POC prototypes upon for multiple research projects in various departments by proactively communicating with the departments and anticipating future requirements for the platform.
- Propose and initiate multi-disciplinary projects by collaborating with other divisions and affiliate organizations to maximize the research outcomes by synergizing competence of each research group.
- Lead the software development team which creates POC prototype of intelligent connected mobility systems to demonstrate the advantage of the research outcome.
- Experience on using agile/scram development tool such as Jira, Confluence, GitHub, etc.
- Experience leading a software development team
- This position requires driving. A motor vehicle record that’s acceptable by company standards is required for this position
- Development experience on Machine Learning tools such as PyTouch or Tensor Flow
- Strong knowledge on Computer Algorithms including any schooling experience
- Industrial (or research institute) experience as a software engineer
- Development experience on cloud computing platform such as AWS
- Knowledge and experience on network programming and network protocols such as MQTT or DDS
- Excellent coding skill in C++/C# and Python with programming experience
- Master’s of Science in Computer Science or a similar field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A