View All Toyota JobsToyota
T he primary responsibility of this role is to research System Integration & High Assurance aspects of various distributed layers (Vehicle layer, Edge Layer & Cloud Layer). The researcher should also have hands-on prototyping and Proof of Concept (PoC) building knowledge and demonstrated system integration skills.
Reporting to the GM/Director, the person in this role will support the Intelligent Connected Systems Department’s objective to develop next generation mobility services platform capable of handling millions of vehicles and provide MaaS (Mobility as a Service).
- Work horizontally across Toyota to fully understand technical needs and to disseminate Toyota ITL (Toyota InfoTech Labs) research
- Define research goals & tasks to benchmark and prototype end-to-end system via PoC development for future mobility use-cases – activities includes defining PoC purpose, designing for use-case requirements & system integration (system includes hardware & software)
- Establish research collaborations with leading experts in universities and industry
- Define research goals & tasks for end-to-end system integration, assurance & formal verification
- Obtain patents and publish research in prestigious journals and conference
- Hands-on prototyping and programming knowledge (e.g. Java, Python, etc).
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations
- Experience with the requirements generation and decomposition and challenges and opportunities developing high assurance systems or platform
- Research experience with large scale systems or distributed systems, architecture, embedded systems, and testing and validation
- Lead a research project, e.g., planning, reporting, and managing time / team / outside collaborators
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A