View All Toyota JobsToyota
Toyota Motor North America is looking for a hands-on Senior Cloud Security Engineer with advanced knowledge and strong experience in designing, developing, monitoring and securing cloud systems and environments using AWS, Azure and Google cloud. Working with Vehicle Security and DevOps teams in a CI/CD environment as well as comprehensive understanding of cloud security systems, policies and interfacing with IoT devices with specifically cars are key for this role.
This Cloud Security Engineer will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cloud-based and Internet accessible systems and services that support the core automotive business functions of this global company. This role will be expanding and refining the responsibilities over time to support connected car and automotive eco-system.
- Monitor and audit Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure system and service changes
- Lead all security efforts for integration of infrastructure and business solutions with automotive cloud environments
- Act as final level support to troubleshoot security-related issues that come up and are escalated to appropriate development groups for resolution
- Embed within Toyota Connected Technologies to act as a security stakeholder and champion.
- Leading partnership with Toyota Connected Technologies for proactive engagement of software development efforts across cloud, car, and mobile platforms.
- Perform code reviews of large applications, both through manual process and using static/binary analysis tools
- Perform security assessment and analysis for on-premise, cloud, mobile application, embedded systems, and 3rd party connections.
- Define security best practices and standards
- Develop specification for Toyota’s Connected Car Vehicle Security
- Develop proof of concept and cryptographic software libraries for use in Toyota’s connected vehicle security ecosystem.
- Be an initial key player on the product security team and drive the expansion of the automotive cloud security
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to manage the foundation of security of cloud environments for the Automotive services offering
- Help drive the movement of the organization to a Microservices based connected car Cloud Architecture with top-notch security standards and policies
- Analyze and make recommendations for improvements to the automotive cloud environments and associated services and configurations
- Provide guidance on secure configuration of systems and services exposed to Internet sources as well as on all automotive cloud related projects
- Serve as the SME on Linux and Windows platform security in AWS environments and guide the establishment of security settings and policies
- Identify risks and provide guidance regarding remediation of gaps to facilitate a hardened and sustainable cloud environment
- Experience in leveraging available mobile/web application security tools to conduct security analysis of source code and application
- Experience deploying applications and securing sensitive data in the cloud
- Experience deploying applications considering end-to-end implications (from embedded to cloud)
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity protections for embedded systems
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity protections for mobile applications and web applications
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity protections for cloud and on-premise
- Deep understanding of cryptography, key security, key derivation, hashing algorithms, and knowledge of cryptographic frameworks/standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Infrastructure security including experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure platform security
- Experience in leveraging available AWS/Azure cloud security tools and functions to align with security standards and procedures
- Experience in mobile/web application security including mobile and web applications security on android and iOS platforms
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A