Toyota’s Assembly Production Engineering Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Engineer for Logistics & Automation.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and improve TMMK’s Functional Inspection systems.
The person in this role will support operations of the Plant 1 and 2 Functional Inspection equipment, interact with Quality Engineering, Quality Control, and maintenance personnel to ensure system and equipment upgrades are made according to schedule and budget.
- Cross functional working groups with conveyance and production for delivery efficiency. Lead weekly meeting for open item discussion, Dock layout and route delivery support, SOAR North American working group for automation communication. Implement kaizen for delivery systems (Karakuri, Sarasara, pass through parent / child).
- New model introduction for logistics pilot including dock layout, parts list confirmation, packaging confirmation, dolly design and confirmation.
- Communication to pilot assembly and conveyance to assure efficient process set up.
- Mass production conveyance and logistics engineering including dock layout changes, Equipment modifications, delivery systems kaizen including safety kanban.
- Automation and Innovation for material handling, Benchmarking, Capital planning and ringi management, project planning and implementation, conveyance training and handover.
- Plant PIV working group input and action implementation, safety communication across Assembly PE, Implement PIV (Powered Industrial Vehicle) x pedestrian separation countermeasures, implement standards set by working group for PIVs.
- Write logistics ringi for new models. Order, procure, and install material handling equipment for conveyance groups. Budget and forecast gentani based on historical projects, Yokoten successful platforms across plant/region.
- Experience in Model Change with in-depth knowledge of vehicle structure and vehicle systems
- Knowledge and implementation experience with PLC and human machine interface design and implementation
- Experience writing procedures for shop level standards, such as Assembly Engineering Instructions or similar shop flow procedures
- Experience with manual and autonomous logistics systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or similar equivalent technical degree
- Experience with design or modification, technical specifications, and implementation of major and minor equipment
- Experience creating and managing a ringi (budget proposal), including cost analysis and bid packages for capital and operating projects
- Experience managing milestones and resources for a Model Change project, from drawing stage to SOP, in an engineering role including process development, equipment and tool spec and procurement and quality control documentation
- Experience leading new equipment Installation / old equipment demo
- Experience coordinating with Equipment Manufacturers (domestic and overseas) for logistics and automation installations
- Experience managing compliance of processing, including critical process controls, regulations, parts selection, and safety
- Experience in Automotive Assembly Plant
- Experience with manufacturing plant systems for regional compliance, such as Environmental, Assets, CoHE, ISO, PIV’s or similar plant systems
- Experience leading and coordinating project activity related Productivity and Cost for daily production, including new product introduction and/or model change
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A