Toyota’s Production Control is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Production Control Packaging Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage a variety of functions ranging from daily safety, quality, and cost issues to new model development, as well as coordination activity with all shops within TMMK to ensure packaging design that guarantees safety, quality and cost effectiveness for supplier, logistics, conveyance and lineside.
Reporting to the Production Control Packaging Manager the person in this role will support the Packaging Groups Production Control department’s goals and objectives.
- Individual KPI management in the areas of safety, quality, scrap, expendable, cost, and model launch packaging development
- Calculation and management of returnable packaging for suppliers
- Manage model launch activities, new packaging design, development, and approval
- Identify areas of improvement on current packaging designs and take lead on packaging kaizen implementation.
- Identify areas of improvement within processes
- Resolve daily operational packaging issues by communicating with supply chain stakeholders and coordinating short and long-term countermeasures
- Experience with KPI management of safety, cost and quality within a production engineering environment, including management and modification of packaging to achieve highest quality at lowest cost
- Experience with packaging testing standards such as shape, vibration or similar testing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience leading or supporting New Model Launch through packaging development to meet safety, quality and cost targets
- Experience evaluating packaging quality in a shop floor or manufacturing environment, including utilization of ASTM (American Society for
- Testing and Materials) ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) or similar
- Ability to read, interpret and modify both 2D and 3D Engineering drawings within programs such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Catia or similar programs
- Experience with mobile packaging for moving product/parts within a manufacturing facility
- Experience supporting and managing engineering projects through cross function collaboration with multiple divisions and groups, including direct shop floor experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial, Systems Engineering or similar engineering degree
- Industrial or Automotive Packaging experience in a design or engineering role (education/co-op/internships included)
- Experience working with outside vendors and suppliers
- Experience utilizing a system for analysis of packaging design and authorization of packaging cost such as VPACS (Visual Packaging Control System) or similar
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A