Toyota’s Powertrain Design and Evaluation Department (PTD2) is looking for a passionate, highly-motivated Design Engineer with an interest in Powertrain system design.
- Benchmarking similar designs to ensure our competitiveness.
- Attending routine Design Reviews and reporting key metrics of your design such as durability, performance, cost and mass versus design targets.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders (such as driveline and vehicle design, TMC PT design, purchasing and assembly plants).
- Using your knowledge of the Toyota Design Process and Standards, outputting typical design team deliverables such as 3D models, 2D drawings, technical reports and instruction sheets.
- Evaluating your design based on CAD, CAE and prototype evaluation results, and evolving the design to achieve Design targets.
- Process improvements, advancing PTD’s design process capability to improve quality and on-time delivery of design deliverables.
- Understand supplier part production process flow, supply chain and PT assembly process to find cost reduction and quality improvement ideas.
- Demonstrable CAD skills and a strong understanding of GD&T
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) with a Mechanical Engineering major (or similar degree)
- Automotive design/development experience
- Expertise in GD&T and typical powertrain manufacturing methods. Knowledge of various production processes for cast, machined and molded resin components
- Working knowledge of quality inspection methods, calculate 3sigma and process capability methods. Work with supplier quality and plant quality to review part quality inspection reports
- Strong knowledge of conventional and hybrid powertrains
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in engineering
- Experience in detail design of powertrain peripheral services such as lubrication system, belt system, fuel system, cooling system, intake/exhaust system, gear drives and motors
- Experience with CREO, Windchill, and typical powertrain CAE design software (FEA, CFD, GT Power or similar)
- Hands-on experience with powertrain assembly
- Team-oriented thinking and a “can-do” attitude
- This position requires driving. A motor vehicle record that’s acceptable by company standards is required for this position.
- A working knowledge of DRBFM
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A