Toyota Motor North America Lexus Eastern Area office is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Service Training Specialist
The primary responsibility of this role is to implement the area’s technical training classes to Lexus dealer technicians and providing educational and technical support to the schools of the Toyota Technical Education Network (T-TEN). This position maximizes customer loyalty by ensuring that dealers have staff fully trained to provide “fix-it-right-the-first-time” service.
Reporting to the Technical Service Training Manager, the person in this role will support the Lexus Eastern Area’s objective to provide industry leading dealer technician training and assist with scheduling of classes. The STS also provides technical support to district service & parts managers (DSPM) and field technical specialists (FTS). The STS collects records of technical training, and monitors training and certification status for the region; responsibilities include maintenance of shop, training vehicles, technical equipment, and support other department initiatives such as Area level Quality Champions and curriculum maintenance. This person has a liaison role with TMNA/Lexus on technical and training issues.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Educational and technical support to the schools of the Toyota Technical Education Network (T-TEN, TECS Elite, TECS).
- Technical support to Area department personnel.
- Preparation for and delivery of Lexus technical training courses (in-person & virtual format).
- Assistance with curriculum development.
- Thorough understanding of all training course content.
- Lexus training programs, systems and policies.
- Proficiency in Access.
- Classroom Instructor and classroom/lab skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or extensive experience in a Technical Training capacity.
- Detailed knowledge of automotive technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical analysis, problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Experience in automotive repair and instruction.
- ASE Master Technician certification.
- ASE Master Technician certification (in all 8 areas and L1).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A