- We’re looking for outstanding legal professionals to join our US & Canada Legal Team, which provides legal advice and guidance on all aspects of Uber’s Rides operations. This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external partners.
- Coordinate parallel regulatory and litigation strategies related to bet-the-company issues.
- Lead internal investigations in response to external inquiries and investigations, and then formulate external replies.
- Drive legal strategies with cross-functional partners, including Operations, Policy, Safety, Product, and Insurance teams at Uber to develop creative and proactive legal solutions on first-of-its-kind legal issues and achieve ambitious operational goals for the business.
- Engaging, hands-on work tackling novel legal issues before local and state agencies, including direct engagement and public advocacy on behalf of Uber through public workshops and both formal and informal meetings.
- Analyze and draft legislation applicable to Uber’s Rides business on various topics including, privacy, data sharing, and other matters.
- Provide legal support to the Rides business in fast-paced, high impact, and high profile situations based on legal research and analysis of applicable state laws and regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years of regulatory or litigation advocacy experience
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience providing direct advice to clients on thorny regulatory legal matters, particularly in grey areas of the law.
- Keen business judgment and ability to analyze complex legal issues while considering risk.
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, manage cases, and carry out meaningful projects with limited oversight.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required — strong writing, research, and negotiation skills necessary.
- Willingness to learn, be a great teammate, and fun to work with!
- Passionate about Uber and our mission!
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A