- As a Public Policy Manager, you will be Uber’s connection between the best-in-class matching and pricing technology that powers Uber and the growing audience of policymakers, regulators, researchers, key opinion formers and the broader public. You are a leader and conduit for our global work.
- You will lead global policy development on our marketplace with a focus on guiding the product team. Internally, you will orchestrate the integration of policy considerations into product development, and strengthen the integrity and transparency of our practices. You will work with cross functional partners to develop marketplace principles, as well as participate in processes that improve the operational functionality of our pricing, matching and positioning systems.
- You will be responsible for the development of efforts to bring greater understanding of our matching technology amongst policymakers and regulators. This includes working with policy and operational partners throughout the world to develop globally scalable collateral, build ongoing third party partnerships, execute user engagement campaigns, webinars and training sessions, and facilitating user feedback.
- Work to deliver on Uber’s principles and commitments as well as initiate new releases to build more credibility
- Own external communications with the policy and academic community broadly and specifically in the areas of focus.
- In this capacity, you might (1) facilitate a recurring publication, webinar series or roundtable highlighting specific success stories, use cases and/or future product functionality, or (2) develop a panel of leading specialists to contribute their findings and key insights to Uber’s marketplace
- Lead product counsel on policy issues in relation to marketplace, including coordinating efforts across the Central policy and local government relations/public affairs teams
- Develop and lead the policy strategy to drive trust, fairness, accountability and transparency into our marketplace product team
- Strong interpersonal (verbal + written) skills
- Significant analytical experience, including ability to analyze data to identify trends and implications, and ability to construct forward-looking models that can inform policy positions
- Understanding of AI and ML practices and the underlying technology, as well as AI governance models
- Working familiarity with ethics, human rights, and inclusivity frameworks and experience using them for technological applications
- Ability to drive cross-functionally and build positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience in the technology sector is preferred and experience in a marketplace business is strongly desired
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience counseling clients on technology policy subjects and leading multiple business priorities
- 5+ years of proven experience in government, law, competition policy, digital marketplaces, consumer protection, or project management
- Advanced degrees (e.g., JD, MPP, MBA) preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A