- Government contracting is a newer space for Uber, but one which we believe presents a huge opportunity for the company as we strive to partner more closely with State and Federal agencies.
- As a founding member of our U.S. Government Commercial team, you will work closely with leadership to build an impactful and effective public sector strategy within Uber for Business. In this capacity, you will scale long-term partnerships with some of our most meaningful customers, serving as a trusted advisor to help agencies get the most of Uber’s full suite of business solutions. Success in this role will be measured by your ability to drive customer on-boarding, adoption, advocacy, and expansion.
- In a nutshell, we’re looking for an experienced Account Manager that’s motivated to help build Uber’s next big growth engine.
- Serve as the voice of our customer with internal teams, developing positive relationships with senior cross-functional partners, including Product, Marketing, Sales Ops, Finance, and Legal to effectively drive acquisition and long-term growth
- Help define, implement, and execute against our U.S. Government contracting strategy
- Build and deliver compelling proposals, negotiate terms, and drive expansion contracts through signing
- Help recruit, develop and mentor the next generation of Government Account Managers at Uber
- Serve as an internal expert in the U.S. Government contract expansion and renewal process
- Perform long-term planning and drive revenue growth through adoption, cross-selling, and expansion activities
- A history of partnering with cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
- A builder’s approach – comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A deep understanding of the government acquisition and renewal process, with experience in customer success, account management or direct selling within the U.S. Public sector
- Flexibility to travel to local markets or various Uber global locations as needed for strategy, planning, customer visits, and team building
- A Hardworking track record of C-level sales activity and customer outcomes
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales development, client success/account management, sales or relevant sales experience
- U.S. citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A