View All Universal Studios JobsUniversal Studios
The Solutions Architect’s role is to strategically design systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, while designing for their high availability. This individual will gain commitment for all technology and software plans, as well as evaluate and select and help implement technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Solutions Architect provides technical leadership to implement their solutions with cross functional Agile teams across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning and implementation guidance.
The Solutions Architect will have to work with cross functional teams that will include Product Owners, Technical Analysts, Development staff, Business Teams, IT Security and Agile Scrum Masters and others in the organization to succeed. The Solution Architect will gain approvals for the proposed designs from the Data Architecture and Implementation team, IT security and other relevant teams. The Solutions Architect may also provide direct support and coaching to front-line IT managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports deliver approved solutions. The Solutions Architect will also support project teams in the documentation of development, configuration, and integration activities.
- Strategy & Planning – Act as visionary and strategist for their solution domain area. Assist, design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology and software. Ensure that proposed and existing solution architectures are aligned with Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture. Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, Business System Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Architects, and software development teams. Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in solutions architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities. Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility. Provide technical assessments for new work efforts. Lead development of formalized solution methodologies. Build and maintain repository for deliverables and methodologies.
- Operational Management – Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems (including interfaces) and infrastructure development. Provide mentoring or guidance to junior members of the team. Participate and actively provide feedback to the proposed architectures at the solution review board.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solution Design – Where applicable, architect, design/develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated solution. Be a subject matter expert for development teams as part of implementation. Document and maintain the organizations existing solutions architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives. Review new and existing solutions design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans. Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborate with Project Managers, vendors and IT stakeholders to provision estimates and develop overall implementation plan for installation, customization, and integration efforts. Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, sequence diagrams, swaggers, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- A technical architecture background. You understand at a high-level networks, routers, switches, firewalls, BGP, caching, SANs, servers, and operating systems form a part of the solution stack.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into practical applications and operational solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirement artifacts: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, data flow diagrams, UML modeling techniques include sequence, component, deployment and domain models.
- A background in software development with ability to code at some level and knowledge of APIs and SDKs.
- Proven experience in system and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Proven experience in system design and development.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Lead or participate in major end-to-end business process re-engineering or business transformation initiatives.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
Company: Universal Studios
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A