View All US Xpress JobsU.S. Xpress, Inc.
Performs basic preventative maintenance and repairs on tractors and trailers.
- Check vehicle fluids (e.g. transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.).
- Change vehicle tires.
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete most jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers as outlined in USX PM guidelines.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical experience preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write.
- OEM Online certifications preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required; must be at least 18 years or older to work in USX Shop Environment.
- Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program preferred.
- D.O.T and Brake certification required to perform PM’s and brake work.
- Must provide own tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shippensburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A