Website United States Postal Service
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
- May perform passport duties as assigned, including verification of identification and photograph, administering oath,
- Display and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to label and tie out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
- Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
- Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks;
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution schemes.
- May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required. balances.
- Use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and public regarding postal regulations.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable).
- Checks and sets post office postage meters.
- That includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and system. Assists customers with transactions. selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services;
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the ensures
- May perform additional duties such as: maintain records of mails; face and cancel mail; make emergency carrier relays;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations refers to performing basic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to communicate orally refers to expressing spoken ideas or facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving instructions, and providing information.
- Ability to safely perform the duties common to the position.
- Ability to reference, comprehend and use information refers to gathering information from both oral and written sources, retaining it for future use, providing it in response to request (e.g., on forms, and using it to identify the appropriate course of action to resolve a situation based upon postal laws, regulations, and current procedures.
- Ability to work independently refers to following either spoken or written instructions or directions, multitasking and organizing time effectively to perform work assignments, either with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work and deal with people sufficient to work cooperatively and interact positively with customers, co-workers, as well as responding appropriately to changing conditions or unique customer or coworker situations.
- Demonstrating conscientiousness and initiative refers to taking care in performing work assignments and working toward task completion.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Ft. Pierce, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A