Website United States Postal Service
- United States Postal Service External Publication for Job Posting 10473359 If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited. Branch Connecticut Valley District Job Posting Period 09/21/2020 – 09/23/2020 This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
- Makes one or more sortation of outgoing and/or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
- On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-process able items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins stackers; and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mails; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special service.
- Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PSE Mail Processing Clerks perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day operations.
- Duties are physically demanding requiring moderate to heavy lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking and reaching.
- PSEs may be required to handle heavy sacks of mail/parcels, sort & distribute incoming/outgoing mail, and work at a service window selling postal products & services to customers.
- Applicants must be able to perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- SUPERVISION Supervisor of unit to which assigned
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Holyoke, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A