View All Valero Energy JobsValero Energy
Executes the day to day accounting and analysis activities which may include the Refinery’s financial planning, capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, financial and statistical reporting.
- Prepares analysis, which may include the Refinery’s financial planning, capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, and financial and statistical reporting.
- Follows safety rules and procedures as set forth by the company.
- Prepares accounting journals as needed and assists with Sarbanes-Oxley tests as required.
- Prepares refinery financial forecasts, results of operations, capital budget and expense budgets, prepares analysis of variances to plan, prepares specific Solomon tables as needed, preparation of various financial and operating reports, headquarters accounting close support, and budget management support.
- Assists Refinery Controller or other staff positions with reporting, analysis and special projects such as VLP tank drops, asset sales and strategic plan development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the refining and/or chemical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of accounting experience required.
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), theories, and ability to
- Apply them to the Corporation’s accounting needs required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting required.
- CPA certification preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A