View All Valero Energy JobsValero Energy
Health, Safety, & Environmental: Professionals & Engineers
- Coordinates and/or performs follow up care/treatment for occupational injury or illness.
- Ensures the infirmary, medical equipment and supplies are maintained, sanitized and ready for use at all times.
- Administers OSHA required immunizations and vaccinations.
- Coordinates employee wellness programs or health fairs.
- Obtains and maintains accurate and complete medical records on employees.
- Coordinates and/or performs various testing to ensure the health and safety of Valero Employees and Emergency Response Team members.
- Provides on-going safety and medical education and training to all Valero employees and
- Emergency Response Team members.
- Administers company policy in regards to drug and alcohol testing.
- Performs case management of both work related and non-work related injuries and illnesses.
- Coordinates and/or performs drug and alcohol testing (post incident and for-cause).
- Provides clinical emergency medical treatment for occupational injury or illness.
- Performs and/or coordinates required calibrations, schedule and ensure completion of service and third party calibrations for audiometric, respiratory fit-test equipment, AEDs, and all other medical equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications required.
- Knowledgeable of laws and regulations. Examples include, but are not limited to: OSHA, FMLA, ADA, and Worker’s Compensation Act required.
- 5 years of nursing experience and COHN (Certified Occupational Health Nurse) preferred.
- Certified Audiometric Testing preferred.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments required.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements required.
- 3 years of clinical and/or occupational nursing experience required.
- Ability to maintain continuing education units (CEU) for Occupational Nursing as required by the
- State and the Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Nursing required.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods required.
- Registered Nurse designation required, with current licensure and in good standing with the State licensure board required.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization required.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage of department responsibilities required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A