View All Volkswagen JobsVolkswagen
This position is responsible for the oversight and approval of OBD documents including the OBD System Technical Description, completed application matrix and OBD Demonstration Test Reports required for OBD approval prior to government submittal. The OBD approval is a gating activity within the homologation process. Additionally, this position creates and oversees work products prior to agency submission (running change and field fix documentation, phase-in compliance and lead the gateway sign-off process with the Brand Homologation teams.
The tasks require a high level of accuracy and continual interface with Certification Engineers (both in the US and Germany). This task may require interface with the PVE test team at Oxnard Engineering Center. The position also will be required to serve as a single point of contact for development/update and periodic review of all technical process standards and associated documents.
- Manages and coordinates the development/update and periodic review of all technical process standards for the OBD team.
- Manages and coordinates job work instruction documents and policies for the OBD team
- Prepares OBD teams for audits and oversees all follow-up activities
- Reviews, verifies and approves AECD Submissions for rationality before inclusion in OBD and Certification applications and corresponds with responsible Brand ET AECD organizations for clarity and accuracy.
- Leads analysis, reviews, multi-eye and sign-off of AECD revisions/changes submitted after initial OBD and Cert Applications.
- Supports the EEO IUVP team to identify target AECD for on-vehicle testing during PEMS evaluation.
- Reviews, verifies and approves Onboard Diagnostic system document submissions and correspondence between the brand ET groups and government agencies.
- Leads the process of the Onboard Diagnostic system timelines to ensure approvals are completed in time to support the emission certification process and vehicle market introduction.
- Oversees the analysis and submission of the Production Vehicle Evaluation (PVE) reports.
- Proficiency with standard business software; basic knowledge of and ability to learn the function of computer databases.
- Understanding of regulatory and certification processes
- Ability to track, monitor and coordinate anticipated and on-going matters within the different stakeholders of the organization
- Direct experience with technical process/standard development
- Understanding of vehicle emission control systems and onboard diagnostics
- Direct experience with On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Certification, Demonstration Testing and Compliance Reporting to Government Agencies.
- Working experience in Auxiliary Emission Control Devices creation, revision and reviewing with regulators.
- Working knowledge of SAE Standards for OBD Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), Production Vehicle Emissions Testing (PVET) emission and fuel economy testing/laboratory procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A