View All Volkswagen JobsVolkswagen
The Data & Business Intelligence (DBI) Architect is responsible for the strategy and technology of the Enterprise Data and Analytics for assigned initiatives. This role is a senior position that works as a member of a team of data management professionals, under the direct leadership of the Senior Manager of Data Architecture. As the DBI Architect, the person will be expected to provide forward thinking to the Americas Enterprise Data Hub and solidify this asset as one that provides high business value, flexibility, and usability for all business areas.
This person will also be responsible to ensure other architects (project-based) will understand and follow the corporate direction. This will also involve playing a key role in other markets throughout Region Americas IT, as this role will design big data and analytics solutions that affect all countries in the region to drive synergies and push for common platforms. The role will have a broad span of influence throughout the VW Group.
- Lead data integration teams and provide ETL architectural advice to team
- Participate in design, source-to-target mapping, meta data creation, review, and testing phases of a data project/operation
- Provides business project support by ensuring project teams (multiple vendors) have the necessary documentation, policies, rules, etc to be able to create data solutions that align to corporate direction
- Works with System Admin group to manage, monitor performance usage and administer the analytic server and BI reporting tool
- Works with data warehouse team to identify data quality issues and design processes and procedures to improve/maintain quality
- Participate and/or lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Responsible to ensure KT to others regarding Big Data and BI innovations
- Consult business projects and IT projects
- Required training around big data and analytics technologies
- Assists to develop, implement and govern BI usage policies and procedures
- Responsible to ensure the BI environment remains optimal and efficient in terms of number of dashboards, reports, corporate repository usage, schedule usage, etc. Assists the operational teams in providing direction to keep these environments optimal
- Reviews project documentation to ensure proposed data solutions are architected correctly and align properly to corporate standards
- Facilitate meetings and work closely with business to understand data requirements. Act as a data steward when needed
- Gather business requirements, estimate workload and document estimates for the business partners
- Develop documentation and maintain as needed
- Develops and implements business intelligence tools or applications for accessing and analyzing data and meta data
- The DBI architect’s strength lies in his or her ability to develop the vision of the logical / physical view of the data lake and warehouse and to mentor others on best practices for data structures
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of industry or functional specialty as it pertains to data quality and integrity
- Integrate models and ensure data rules and definitions are consistent across various departments
- Anticipate and resolve data definition and integration issues for cross-functional groups
- Develop BI business procedures and data management policies to ensure data accuracy and control
- Document BI technology standards, procedures and best practices
- Creates physical models and participates in the modifications to it as the project moves through the design and development phases.
- Ensure all models are consistent with the enterprise data models, naming standards, etc.
- Update data conceptual model as needed (additional subject areas / entities / attributes)
- Update physical models as needed
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- 10+ years of ETL development using Informatica, SAP, IBM and API platforms
- 15+ years of IT experience – preferably experience in a consulting or lead role
- 10+ years of experience with big and transactional data management platforms on-prem and cloud such as Hadoop, Azure and AWS
- 10+ years architecting Business Intelligence suite of technologies such as Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft PowerBI, SAP Analytics, and Google Analytics
- Experience on various programming languages Java and Python
- 15+ years’ experience with Data Architecture and Modeling tool such as Erwin, ER Studio, or Oracle Designer.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A