View All Volkswagen JobsVolkswagen
This position is responsible for independently checking vehicle emission certification spreadsheets/software tool entries and other documents (including applications, running changes and field fixes) prior to submitting them to the appropriate government agencies. Requires understanding of test protocols, technical data, and intermediate emissions calculations.
These tasks require a high level of accuracy and requires interaction with certification engineers (both in US and in Germany). May require interacting with test lab staff at Germany and US.
- Reviews, checks and verifies Onboard Diagnostic system document submissions and correspondence between the Factories and government agencies.
- Manages and coordinates the development/update and periodic review of all technical process standards for Certification and Compliance Reporting teams.
- Manages and coordinates job work instruction documents and policies for Certification and Compliance Reporting teams
- Monitors the status of the Onboard Diagnostic system approval process timelines to ensure verification processes are completed in time to support the emission certification process and vehicle market introduction.
- Reviews, checks and verifies Production Vehicle Evaluation (PVE) reports
- Monitors the status of the emission certification process timelines to ensure that verification processes are completed in time to support vehicle market introduction.
- Spot checks vehicle emission test data entered into government databases on a periodic basis
- Reviews, checks and verifies all data used in Fuel Economy Labeling Program.
- 5+ years of experience in Emissions/Regulatory/Certification field
- Direct experience with technical process/standard development
- Proficiency with standard business software; basic knowledge of and ability to learn the function of computer databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Information Systems, Automotive Technology, or related field or equivalent
- Direct experience with emission certification and emission testing.
- Ability to track, monitor and coordinate anticipated and on-going matters within the different stakeholders of the organization
- Working knowledge of emission and fuel economy testing/laboratory procedures.
- Understanding of vehicle emission control systems and onboard diagnostics.
- Understanding of regulatory and certification processes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A