View All Volkswagen JobsVolkswagen
This role will be tasked with applying machine learning/deep learning to the automotive industry. Applications could include autonomous driving, manufacturing, material design etc. This is more than a purely academic role – you will likely need to integrate the modules you build into real cars and also think about questions around testability and proving safety. Working in our facility requires a high level of independence and an ability to deal with lots of ambiguity. The incumbent will not be given clear cut projects – instead this individual and subsequent team will be responsible for coming up with the “next big thing” that nobody has thought of as yet, building it and selling it.
- Coordinates with engineers at the ICC and in Germany on the development of autonomous driving software.
- Integrates new software modules into the autonomous vehicle framework.
- Transfers technologies and solutions to Volkswagen Group development divisions.
- Develops technical specifications and documentation.
- Keeps up to speed with the state of the art of academic research and technology in the industry.
- Designs and implements new machine learning based approaches based on existing frameworks.
- Tests developed modules in the prototype vehicle (unit tests, integration tests, in-vehicle/field tests, etc.).
- Analyzes and evaluates conducted tests.
- Represents Volkswagen Group in the technical community, such as at conferences.
- Maintains, as well as furthers, enhances existing machine learning modules for autonomous vehicles.t
- Experience with data gathering, data quality, system architecture, coding best practices.
- Take initiative to launch projects with the ability to quickly learn and develop own ideas in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. PhD preferred.
- Experience with CNNs, RNN, LSTMs and the latest research trends.
- Strong programming skills with Python and TensorFlow on desktops, embedded and distributed backends (e.g. AWS), Knowledge of generating features from sensor technology like camera, lidar, radar, GPS/ D-GPS and HD maps .
- Significant amount of published research articles.
- 4+ years’ Machine Learning; 2+ years’ Deep Learning.
- Specification/Documentation of interfaces between software modules.
- Extracting high level logical structure from low level, multi-dimensional data.
- 7 – 10 years experience.
- Background in Deep Neural Network Learning, Computer Vision and Machine Learning .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A