Website Waste Management
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair trucks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for truck repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes to trucks.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of trucks.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on trucks.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures..
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
- Basic skills in welding techniques.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 2 years or relevant work experience.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A