Website The Wendy's Company
The Field Training Manager (FTM) will directly report to the Field Training Director and will have a dotted line accountability to the Division Vice President, Senior Vice President of Operations or Director of Operations – Canada. The Field Training Manager will ensure that Franchise and Company training objectives are consistently met by focusing on training, coaching, oversight of the restaurant certification processes and strengthening restaurant management and multi-unit performance. This position will lead market training initiatives in the restaurants and support the growth and development of restaurant teams in their defined market. The Field Training Manager will partner with the FMD, DAO, and FMC in markets to drive overall performance. This position serves as direct bench for Field Market Consultant and/or other operations roles at the Restaurant Support Center.
- Support and conduct market-based training for new product implementations/non-product initiatives for franchise and company markets, including special projects/tests as required.
- Conducts assessments, provides coaching and feedback during restaurant visits and designated “development days” for restaurant leaders and multi-unit managers. Assesses areas of opportunity and communicates issues and findings with the restaurant leadership teams. Recommends potential training programs with key restaurant and organizational leaders as appropriate. Partners with organizational leaders to build capability/bench with multi-unit managers and restaurant management teams.
- Teach designated Wendy’s University classes in assigned franchise and/or company markets; facilitates 2-3 classes per month, 27 classes per year. Provides recommendations and input to field leaders and the Restaurant Support Center on market training needs as necessary.
- Manage the restaurant certification process ensuring a disciplined and consistent standard focus for our Training restaurants that elevates the restaurant and district/organization performance.
- Supports Division/DMA/ market-based activities and locally led initiatives (GM Rallies, DMA Meetings & Planning Sessions, DMA Presidents Meeting, New Restaurant openings, New Franchisee on-boarding) as required. Provides training and support to our internal Division support teams (DVP, FMD, FMCs) as required. Supports the market operations leadership team by developing and follow-up on new franchisee training.
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Minimum of 5 years in operations with supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of both
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related presentation tools
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills; able to lead instruction for a wide range of audiences
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
Company: The Wendy’s Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A