This position directly contributes to the success of Zumiez through ensuring the accurate and timely payment of Zumiez 9k+ employees. Responsibilities include the day-to-day operations of biweekly, multi-state (and province)payrolls within a team environment. Duties will include preparation, analysis, reconciliation, and review of payroll reports to resolve issues, producing calculations, and processing of pay data items (for example: bonuses, commissions, garnishments, terminations, time and labor issues, and final pay). Additional responsibilities include tax adjustments, deductions, direct deposit set up and returns, and journal entries.
- Time management ability to meet individual deadlines in a high deadline team environment
- Maintain current documentation of internal processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Validate payroll files/reports through reconciliation and review to ensure accuracy
- Handle general inquiries regarding payroll, deductions, and time and attendance
- Uploads, documents and transmits payroll files to service provider
- Coordinate with stakeholders to compile payroll data such as garnishments, time and Labor, PTO, taxes, insurance and 401(k), and other third-party payments
- Administer Pay card set up and funding
- Provide high level of customer service to all Zumiez employees
- Continuously improving processes to meet evolving business and team needs
- Administer imports, retroactive adjustments, off-cycle payments, stop payments and variable pays accurately in a team environment
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and technical ability
- Understanding of the job, relevant multi-state Payroll Laws (i.e. FLSA), and Payroll Tax regulations and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- 1-2 years of related experience working with multi-state payroll, payroll tax or garnishment administration.
- Strong customer focus, driving a positive end user experience for Zumiez employees
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A