The Warehouse Fulfillment Center Supervisor will partner with the other Fulfillment Center leadership to accomplish three goals; to delight customers with outstanding service that exceeds their expectations, to drive cost out of the organization by creating a process and executing a plan which creates efficiency so the team can stay on task and to honor our associates ensuring that their experience tomorrow is even better than today.
In this role, you will motivate and manage hourly associates to achieve performance goals, productivity, accuracy and quality control standards. You will lead your team in ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly planning of your departments. You will make recommendations and improvements to department processes and procedures, participate in the hiring, training and coaching of associates and use operational reports to evaluate department performance and ensure expectations are met. You will collaborate with the Fulfillment Center Team Manager and the other management of the Fulfillment Center to operate within all guidelines and partner for success.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In your role as a leader, you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
Provides technical support for systems and users in multiple facilities in Montgomery NY region. Evaluates needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering, network and operations staff to determine solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall systems and network performance. Typically reports to a project leader and/or manager and is part of a remote team of technical analysts throughout the New York and Northeast Region of the US. Daily support of all technical equipment in Montgomery Fulfillment Center. This will include but not limited to:
- Local and remote associate’s PC’s, printers, and mobile devices
- Network gear installation and configuration of Cisco routers and Layer 2/3 switches
- Extreme RF networks
- Zebra, Kyocera printers, and multifunction devices
Includes daily support of remote and local end users for all problems entered into the ticket logging system (ServiceNow), including determining priority and adhering to Service Level Agreements.
Schedule repair, upgrading, and preventive maintenance of all personal computers, laptops and printers. Will work closely with 3rd party vendors for requesting quotes, writing purchase orders, and managing their work for projects. Relocation and networking of all personal computers, laptops, and printers. Assist in small to large project work for projects initiated by both Staples as well as 3rd party vendors. Maintenance of all relevant infrastructure documentation. Visio, Excel, and AutoCAD used in documentation. 24/7 On call coverage rotation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/ projects at one time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service abilities
- Must be available for scheduled 24/7 on call rotation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment and printers.
- Experience in supporting Distribution and Supply Chain/Warehousing infrastructure environments
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field
- Must work well as part of a team and independently
- Excellent time-management skills required
- 5+ years or greater of Personal Computer experience: PC software / hardware, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, & software deployment systems (SCCM)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP LAN and WAN networks
- Cisco stack and networking knowledge
- Avaya/Cisco IP-tel / VOIP experience a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, NY
Application Deadline: N/A