As a Life Wholesaler, you’ll market life insurance products and solutions through brokerage general agencies, producer groups, broker dealers, independent marketing organizations, and with financial professionals. Your role is the highlight Nationwide’s life insurance products and services using a consultative sales approach.
- Utilizes a consultative approach to help key distribution partners identify customer needs and lead to a product recommendation. Consults with advisors by analyzing financial services products to determine the best solutions for their business and clients.
- Employ a business-plan approach to establish a rotation of sales activity and touch-points for the targeted group of distribution partners to acquire, grow and sustain the viability of those business relationships while achieving or exceeding territory production goals for life insurance products.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data from many resources, and use tools for a focused, multiple touch-point process, which will include a combination of face-to-face meetings, social media, digital marketing, telephone calls, emails, virtual meetings, webinars, etc.
- Advocates on behalf of key distribution partners to ensure their needs, goals, opportunities, and concerns are understood within Nationwide.
- Evaluates and recommends solutions to marketing strategy and product questions.
- Provides support and expertise to key distribution partners within assigned, geographic territory including face-to-face meetings, webinars, virtual meetings, and social media posts.
- Actively manages pending opportunities, trials and formal applications within assigned territory.
- Provides input on products, solutions and services to serve distribution partner and customer needs.
- Regularly assess key partners in order to understand the needs and expectations of their business
- Conducts training on product, life insurance sales concepts, illustration software, underwriting, practice management topics, licensing, procedures, processes and services provided by Nationwide.
- Provides sales management with weekly updates on activity.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and written skills to effectively communicate and influence company officers, top brokers, home office and outside business partners.
- Excellent group presentation skills for audiences of company owners, officers, principals, executive boards, and financial intermediaries of up to 200 people.
- Ability to effectively teach state continuing education courses to industry professionals.
- Basic Microsoft office usage skills including a solid understanding of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Lotus Notes, Salesforce CRM.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required to lead statewide sales activities and multiple sales/distribution relationships.
- Undergraduate studies in business, finance, communications or liberal arts preferred.
- Between one and three years of internal wholesaling experience, as well as one to three years of external wholesaling experience of financial service products
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A