View All Aldi UK JobsAldi UK
You’ll be given real responsibility, contributing to the design, delivery and ongoing development of Aldi GB and IE’s distribution and office building infrastructure. As well as this, you’ll also plan and implement projects which include the design, procurement and delivery of automated high bay warehouses, so it’s vital you’re a confident and hands-on individual. It’s about refining processes and incremental improvement long-term, as our distribution network evolves to match our growth.
- Delivery of the project in the role of client, reporting to the National Property Director (Construction).
- Drive projects right through the construction phase, including commissioning, detailed handover and familiarisation and be the focal point for delivery of high levels of aftercare.
- Interrogation of design, coordination of multiple programmes and projects, involvement in trade contractor procurement alongside professional partners and a wide range of tasks within the project to supervise, add value and drive performance.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and ongoing development of Aldi GB and IE’s distribution and office building infrastructure.
- Plan and implement projects including the design, procurement and delivery of highly automated high bay warehouses, and the refurbishment, extension and modernization of existing warehouse buildings.
- Hands-on management of external professional advisors, liaison with internal logistics experts, end users and other internal stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, highly organised and excellent planning skills.
- Adaptable with the ability to change to meet evolving business needs.
- Confidence in working in a structured, traditional yet fast paced environment, with the ability to prioritise effectively (for you and your team) and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to apply logic and experience to new scenarios in order to give credible pragmatic solutions.
- Resilient, driven, disciplined and structured.
- Track record of delivery through influencing and building strong relationships.
- Manage teams (either directly or third parties).
- Friendly, warm, empathetic and approachable.
- Extensive experience of working on multiple large-scale building projects.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to translate and communicate technical information in a succinct, simple and engaging manner.
- Technical, practical knowledge of construction processes (design, build or surveying).
- Excellent programme and project management skills.
- Technically proficient in MS Office and cloud-based PM software.
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) as well as with teams (strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with different personalities).
- Results driven; a problem solver; proactive; a finisher. Takes responsibility for own work stream.
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills.
Company: Aldi UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A