View All ALDI USA JobsALDI USA
Our warehouse operations make sure that products are properly received, selected and delivered to our stores for our ever-growing number of customers to enjoy. While not guaranteed, on average our warehouse employees work 32 hours per week and our teams are comprised of hardworking, dedicated individuals who work in both ambient and temperature controlled areas. A thorough and comprehensive training and safety program provide the skills our associates need to be successful.
- Supervises the daily receiving of product, including verifying the proper receipt of product, informing purchasing of any receiving discrepancies, ensuring the proper unloading of trucks, and the accurate and efficient storage of product received.
- Ensures the proper unloading of backhauls, the proper storage and/or removal of bales, pallets and equipment, and the safety and sanitation of the warehouse.
- Maintains pest control program.
- Supervises the daily selection and shipping of product; including the staging, construction, and accuracy of product selection, as well as the maximum trailer usage for delivery of products.
- Communicates with store management regarding order changes or requests for product, equipment, and supplies.
- Provides input to their direct leader regarding changes to improve the operation and implements action plans as directed.
- Makes recommendations to their direct leader for advancement and termination of warehouse associates.
- Monitors all companies providing service within the warehouse to ensure acceptable performance, and informs their direct leader accordingly.
- Communicates necessary issues to third party site supervisors on an ongoing basis and reports concerns to the warehouse supervisors.
- Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
- Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
- Inspects inbound and outbound deliveries to ensure compliance with established quality guidelines.
- Handles communications with the in-house carrier of daily schedule changes and notifies leadership of major scheduling issues.
- Supervises the daily inventory controls within established guidelines.
- Oversees all facility and equipment maintenance according to established procedures.
- Manages warehouse associates and activities to achieve warehouse productivity and inventory goals, as well as manage controllable expenses.
- Ensures the warehouse is in compliance with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
- Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
- Establishes and modifies daily work schedules considering warehouse needs and job activities of warehouse personnel; decides the tasks that a warehouse associate will perform.
- Alternates between shift supervisor and associate duties on a rotating basis as established by management, in addition to filling in for the supervisor when necessary.
- Establishes and prepares daily shipping schedules to ensure the stores have inventory necessary to meet customer needs, as well as verifies the weekly transportation bill.
- Plans and conducts regularly scheduled warehouse associate meetings.
- Approves warehouse expenditures within established guidelines.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
Qualification & Experience:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to interpret, and apply company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Warehouse Operations.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Knowledge of the products, services, and systems of the company.
- Conflict management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of warehouse personnel.
- Problem-solving skills.
Company: ALDI USA
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Petersburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A