Website American Cruise Lines
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add multiple Pastry Cooks to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2022 season. Our uniquely designed vessels, culturally enriching destinations and utmost care to our passengers have enabled us to provide the most desirable small ship cruise vacations anywhere.
- Ensure that each guest has a positive and memorable experience.
- Schedules production of all baked goods to maintain an inventory of fresh baked goods at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Set-up, maintain, and breaks down station according to FDA Standards.
- Oversees creativity and prepares all desserts, bread, pastries, cookies, etc. required for vessel each day.
- Maintains accurate counts on all food items prepared insuring no discrepancies in amount of food needed verses amount of food prepared.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Basic understanding of Professional Baking and Pastries.
- Notifies Executive Chef of all product shortages and equipment maintenance issues.
- Prepares and serves items in accordance with established procedures, recipes, and portion size and presentations standards.
- Clean and maintain station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Commitment to Quality Service, and food & beverage knowledge.
- Use food production equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Taste all products produced to assess quality.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended amounts of time.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- An Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking and/or 3-5 years of experience with an emphasis on Quality Production.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Ability to work in a TEAM environment.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Adapt and adjust on a daily basis as last minute requests or changes may occur.
- Complete criminal background check
- Ability to be on a work rotation of 6 to 8 weeks onboard followed by 1 to 2 weeks off.
- Ability to reach, bend, and frequently lift/move items up to 50 lbs.
Company: American Cruise Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A