Website American Cruise Lines
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add Excursions Directors to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our shipboard management positions for our 2021 season!
The Excursions Director is responsible for engaging guests in each destination through a series of shoreside excursions, explorations and adventures. As the Excursions Director, you manage, are responsible for and are accountable for all shore excursion and transfer operations, external vendor/operator communications, and brand ambassadorship & representation on excursions.
This role has the highest level of guest interaction and can be very demanding, with long hours. The role requires an energetic and creative person with a collaborative team spirit and a passion for guest satisfaction.
- Purchase morning newspapers in port each day.
- Act as company representative at pre-cruise hotels on turnaround day.
- Communicate excursion changes to guests confidently.
- Coordinate the collection of arriving packages and confirm receipt with the Hotel Manager
- Present a detailed Excursion Briefing to guests at the beginning of every cruise.
- Prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Accompany guests on daily excursions as a company representative and brand ambassador.
- Inform crew members of daily excursion offerings.
- Be extraordinarily well-versed in the cruising region, ports of call and excursions offered.
- Oversee excursion inventory and invoicing system; be fully responsible and accountable for system hardware.
- Accommodate guest requests, including highly personalized ones such as kayaking, golf tee times, and private transportation arrangements.
- Manage launch boat operations with the Mate.
- Coordinate, communicate and confirm all logistics with vendors, coach companies and ground operators to ensure timely and smooth service; confirmations should be communicated in writing at the start of each cruise and 48-hours in advance of every service.
- Arrange, confirm and adjust, as necessary, all shore excursions, explorations, adventures and transfers.
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Oversee, manage inventory and display port information collateral for guests; coordinate with local CVBs to obtain and refresh maps, brochures and other port-/region-specific materials of interest to guests.
- Coordinate weekly office inventory.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and a can-do attitude
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Geography preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, tourism, or event management
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Company: American Cruise Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A