Website American Cruise Lines
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add Excursions Directors to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our shipboard management positions for our 2021 season!
- Accompany guests on daily excursions as a company representative and brand ambassador.
- Coordinate weekly office inventory.
- Communicate excursion changes to guests confidently.
- Inform crew members of daily excursion offerings.
- Be extraordinarily well-versed in the cruising region, ports of call and excursions offered.
- Present a detailed Excursion Briefing to guests at the beginning of every cruise.
- Act as company representative at pre-cruise hotels on turnaround day.
- Purchase morning newspapers in port each day.
- Manage launch boat operations with the Mate.
- Coordinate, communicate and confirm all logistics with vendors, coach companies and ground operators to ensure timely and smooth service; confirmations should be communicated in writing at the start of each cruise and 48-hours in advance of every service.
- Accommodate guest requests, including highly personalized ones such as kayaking, golf tee times, and private transportation arrangements.
- Meet with Cruise Director, Guest Speakers, Guest Instructors and Resident Entertainers at the start of every cruise to review scheduling.
- Oversee excursion inventory and invoicing system; be fully responsible and accountable for system hardware.
- Coordinate the collection of arriving packages and confirm receipt with the Hotel Manager
- Prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Arrange, confirm and adjust, as necessary, all shore excursions, explorations, adventures and transfers.
- Oversee, manage inventory and display port information collateral for guests; coordinate with local CVBs to obtain and refresh maps, brochures and other port-/region-specific materials of interest to guests.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong public speaking skills
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and a can-do attitude
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Geography preferred
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, tourism, or event management
Company: American Cruise Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A