Website American Cruise Lines
The Cruise Director is the most visible advocate for guests and is responsible for creating a fun atmosphere on board while engaging guests at all times through a series of activities, shows, events, presentations and socializing throughout the cruise. The Cruise Director manages the entertainment, presentations, activities, events and communications on board. This leadership role requires an energetic, creative, talented individual with previous cruise/resort experience, extraordinarily polished presentation skills, collaborative approach, team spirit, and a passion for guest satisfaction.
- Make daily Noon announcement/update; make every effort to make all PA announcements as the “voice” of the cruise.
- Schedule and execute engaging entertainment, enrichment and activity programs that enhance and elevate the guest experience.
- Assist in the delivery of the Safety Briefing with the Captain
- Ensure lounges are prepared for activities, events, presentations and shows (lounge configuration, A/V requirements, etc.).
- Work with Excursions Director to prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Create and update bulletin board daily.
- Act as company representative at pre-cruise hotels on turnaround day.
- Greet guests as they depart for and return from shore excursions.
- Host Officer Introduction and Excursion Briefing.
- Oversee proper VIP guest service delivery.
- Meet with Excursions Director, Guest Speakers, Guest Instructors and Resident Entertainers at the start of every cruise to review scheduling.
- Communicate and report regularly to the Home Office as to the status of the cruise, guest issues and recovery, and the evaluations of Guest
- Speakers, Instructors and Entertainers.
- Promote onboard sales and brand loyalty by hosting re-booking events.
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Effectively communicate to guests via the shipboard daily program, television, stage, public address system and one-on-one interaction and socialization.
- Create the daily Ship To Shore
- Confirm entertainers 48-hours in advance; assist entertainers and onboard speakers A/V needs.
- Strong critical thinking skills required.
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and confident and have a can-do attitude at all times.
- Extremely polished speaking/presentation skills required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Previous experience required. Cruise ship experience preferred, but candidates with upscale hotel/resort experience will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment required.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong sense of production and presentation.
- Strong social skills required.
Company: American Cruise Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A