View All American Cruise Lines JobsAmerican Cruise Lines
Hotel General Managers are leaders on all American Cruise Lines ships. As General Manager, you will lead the hotel and food service teams, while ensuring our guests are provided with the highest level of service in a clean and safe environment. The entire hotel department will report directly to you as we travel the rivers and waterways of the country. This is a traveling position that will immerse you in the hospitality, food service, and cruise industries.
Your primary duties include overseeing the day-to-day hotel operations and onboard food services, as well coordinating onshore events. Other responsibilities include coaching and training the hotel team and establishing collaborative relationships among team members. At all times you must ensure that our company policies are applied and upheld in a consistent manner. To make sure that you are well-supported onboard, we have a network of onshore operations and logistics personnel throughout the country who are available to assist you.
- Continuously improve the daily performance of the shipboard team and hotel department
- Communicate effectively to all other departments including housekeeping, food and beverage, etc.
- Evaluate with each department head their identified goals and the action steps to achieve them within the acknowledged length of time
- Coordinate all staff to create specific, measurable, achievable, and realistic game plans in order to provide our guests with a memorable cruise on each of our itineraries
- Lead the Assistant Hotel Manager, Housekeeping Manager, and Dining Room Manager
- Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to guests
- Resolve guest complaints in a timely manner
- Provide a positive guest experience through quality, safety, and strong customer service
- Cruise industry experience not required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality management
- 3+ years of hotel or food and beverage management experience
- Willing to live and work aboard the ship
- Optimism and a hardworking drive to succeed
Company: American Cruise Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A