View All Apple JobsApple
The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization, the mission of the Search Analytics team is to inform product evolution through measurement, evaluation, and analysis of the user experience.
You will lead and continue to growa team of data scientists to partner with the Siri product and engineering teams to the build, evaluate, and improve with data, to develop amazing assistant experiences across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, tv, across dozens of languages. The team will be be responsible for evaluating the impact of products or components, data modeling, metrics development, experimentation and opportunity analysis.
The Siri Assistant Analytics team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated data scientist lead! You will partner across engineering groups building Siri Assistant; evangelize the culture for using data to measure, understand, and improve our products and features. You have a background that fuses data science, engineering, and product thinking. You have years of experience directing a team that loves to dive into data and build measurement, evaluation, and insights to improve products.
- Establish team capabilities (through hiring, training, tools, and process) that enable the reproducible, transparent, trusted work that influences decisions.
- Drive high-impact exploratory analyses and investigations to enrich our understanding of how people interact with and use Siri Assistant across many settings and over time.
- Influence the roadmaps of partners and collaborators developing the Siri Assistant systems and Data analytics infrastructure. Ensure the analytics environment is conducive to productive work by your team, and partner with various teams to make it so.
- Be involved in new product definition with a view to crisply defining what the success criteria are.
- Lead the development of rigorous human rating or online user-based metrics and measurement. Define what our evaluation tools should do and guide their development.
- Partner with Siri product and engineering teams working to understand the user’s voice, and to communicate effectively on Siri product impact, innovation, improvement, and growth.. Together you will develop learning plans with recommendations of analytical approaches to address questions or validate hypotheses and thereby optimize experiences and products
- Develop a strong consultancy approach that understands how to support and inform decisions over a large, complex feature development organization.
- Experience working with systems and products that are powered by machine-learned models and an understanding of natural language or speech-enabled products.
- 5+ years in a managerial role, recruiting top talent, growing, and scaling analytics organizations.
- Experience in developing analytic recommendations to enable product strategy and growth
- Ability to manage complex relationships across multiple functions and establish strong partnerships. Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical product intuition – able to use data impact-fully in guiding development of products and user experiences.
- Know how to weave definition of user experience instrumentation, the definition of success metrics, implementation and validation, into the process.
- A demonstrated passion for data analysis, data-informed product innovation, building and shaping data culture.
- Technical rigor – ability to work with engineering teams and develop sustainable solutions for rigorous analytics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A