View All Apple JobsApple
Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead, supporting Corporate & Retail functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and laws. A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and influence senior leadership is essential.
- Integrate with Retail Support Central Operations(Retail Supply, Store Strategies, Global Store Support, New Store Opening (NSO) & Remodel team) to ensure early identification of potential EHS challenges and advise accordingly.
- Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance.
- Support sites with emergency response preparation, including emergency plans, training and drills.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks.
- Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Ensure regular EHS assessments, inspections and safety check-ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams.
- Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of H&S for existing and emerging Apple sites, including Retail stores, office space and R&D space.
- Run the safety of large scale events.
- Partner with local EHS support vendors and local authorities.
- Partner with Development, Preservation, Facilities, HR/ER and Store Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards.
- Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and critical issues to and from Global Retail Support and Corporate offices.
- Develop and implement training for all personnel to assure understanding of EHS programs.
- Execute the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns.
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety systems, emergency response, physical safety, construction safety, accessibility support.
- 5-10 years of EHS experience, preferably in multi-national companies. Retail experience preferred.
- A dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive sense of urgency to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self motivated and able to effectively self manage
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A