Website Bright Horizons
The Sr. Database Developer will be responsible for performing data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely, and correctly while, at the same time, representing them in a formal and visual way through data models. You will be responsible for leading and developing database modeling, data access, data security, data monitoring and ETL and providing hands on management and development of the data repositories and access layers of the SaaS applications. You will work closely with your peers as a hands-on developer and leader in the ongoing development and support of the EdAssist applications.
- Responsibilities span the schema design, SQL performance monitoring and tuning, development and data access that support the SaaS platform.
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver.
- Technical knowledge of applications tools and programs to effectively manage the development of software to support business needs.
- Ensure documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Technical expertise to understand applications and develop plans to continuously improve application portfolio.
- Understanding of the application development life cycle and ability to apply it to existing and future application development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical audience.
- Oversee application development of existing and future application according to Bright Horizons standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of database development (RDBMS) and application development/management.
- Highly proficient with relational database technologies – specifically SQL Server.
- Proficiency in data modeling for high-performing transactional databases.
- Strong technical proficiency with coding and tuning SQL queries (exposure to Hibernate is a strong plus).
- Experience with ETL tools like SSIS and Informatica.
- Exposure to and experience with NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and understanding of web development (HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, Rest API) is a strong plus.
- Exposure to automated SQL server deployment techniques.
- Prior experience managing development staff including internal and development partner resources.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Company: Bright Horizons
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A