Website British Council
Marketing and Communications at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and demonstrate our impact. This role is a new role as part of Marketing and Communications Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role.
You will lead the development and implementation of Exams marketing strategy and plans for the UK and ITCs, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy. The Senior Marketing Manager, Exams, UK and ITCs will work with the Exams Strategic Business Unit (SBU) to ensure that UK and ITC marketing programmes deliver planned business targets. They’ll also provide professional expertise to the Exams SBU, share relevant knowledge and expertise with other marketing professionals, and help ensure alignment with marketing strategy across the British Council. This role plays a proactive role in the development of Exams within the UK and ITCs across the region, including business planning and the monitoring and reporting of performance quarterly and via monthly dashboards.
- Explains to wider marketing teams the need for compliance with agreed corporate procedures relevant to their area. Collates required compliance data within standard monitoring and reporting systems
- Tracks KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis under marketing effectiveness.
- Demonstrates awareness of relevant governance arrangements related to the development of marketing strategies and approaches for Exams in the UK/across ITCs.
- Makes recommendations to resolve specific issues but also offers ideas which contribute to the development of wider solutions to broader business challenges and problems.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the Marketing Community of Practice and network of marketing professionals.
- Builds a network of with external suppliers/providers/contacts to support effective service provision and knowledge exchange.
- May participate as part of a team to support implementation of corporate or regional change projects within marketing.
- Provides proactive professional marketing advice and support to internal customers to ensure marketing for Exams in the UK/across ITCs is high quality, effective and compliant with relevant corporate policies.
- Provides appropriate input to product development.
- Ensures monitoring of marketing performance for UK and ITC Exams.
- Member of and active contributor to the Regional Marketing Governance team.
- Provides direction, advice and support to marketing teams on marketing strategies, plans and activities for Exams in the UK/across ITCs.
- Champions a cross audience focus.
- Champions the capture and sharing of insight and analytics across marketing, working together with regional insights roles.
- Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies core technical/professional knowledge, recognised best practice approaches and insight from previous experience to develop marketing strategies and plans and resolve issues and risks.
- Supports local teams on marketing for ITCs globally e.g., including Canada, Brazil etc.
- Manages the execution and planning of digital campaigns, ensuring co-ordination across the region and alignment to global digital communications policies and standards.
- Develops and manages the UK and ITC marketing strategy for Exams, ensuring alignment to regional/global marketing strategies and plans, regional objectives, and financial and business development targets and the overarching global marketing strategy.
- Plans, delivers and evaluates marketing strategies and activities for UK/ and TC Exams.
- Completes an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to maintain and deepen their professional expertise.
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Considerable experience in developing marketing strategies and plans within a large and complex organisation
- Experience in the design and delivery of plans to support products
- Experience of delivering results through a dispersed team
- Experience in delivering financial performance targets through demonstrating effective marketing programmes and processes
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or business, or demonstrable level of equivalent experience
- Experience in providing direction, oversight and coaching on the delivery of marketing plans and activities
- Experience in effectively negotiating budgets and resources with senior stakeholders
Company: British Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A