View All Carl's Jr JobsCKE Restaurants, Inc.
The Database Administrator is responsible for creating, updating, documenting, and performing operations necessary to maintain the high integrity, performance, and security of all company databases instances, to include Microsoft SQL Server. These operations include data migrations, maintenance, backups/restores, disaster recovery planning/testing, among others.
- Assist in establishing metrics to monitor the effectiveness and uptime of database applications
- Validate and implement any and all database changes as needed through change management lifecycle
- Provide trend analysis to enable informed decision-making regarding resource management
- Conduct database performance tuning, backup and recovery, configuration management, and data replication
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure hardware resources are correctly allocated to databases resulting in high availability with optimum performance
- Attends seminars and completes other training to remain current on industry trends
- Maintain and improve databases, including upgrade rollouts and version management
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements
- Establishes ongoing interaction with inhouse developers and vendors of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software to govern correct data guidelines, test, and install software patches and upgrades
- Provides support outside core hours for extended support during project implementations when required by the business
- Supervise work performed by vendors to ensure it meets standards agreed upon in an established statement of work
- Evaluate legacy code and provide risk assessments for the continuation and support of applications impacted
- Monitors and suggests performance recommendations for cloud data platforms such as Snowflake, Azure, or AWS
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and capable of working independently or within a team
- Must display strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvement strategies that yield positive business results
- Knowledge of data warehouse platforms such as Snowflake and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technologies
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work by analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and ability to understand the most effective and efficient
- means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, systems and policies
- 3 years’ experience as a Database Administrator including Microsoft SQL Server
- Must have strong work ethics and a high level of confidentiality to ensure proper handling of sensitive information
- Strong background in system development and implementation lifecycles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including facilitation and team leadership
Company: CKE Restaurants, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Franklin, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A