View All Carl's Jr JobsCKE Restaurants, Inc.
Responsible for competitively sourcing assigned product categories by utilizing the RFP process and supplier agreements, ensuring uninterrupted supply of product. Develop agreements that accurately reflect the terms negotiated. Manage the agreement through regular communication with suppliers to ensure all aspects of the agreement are being executed: cost, quality and inventory. Responsible for completing analytical evaluations of relevant information and present the results to management.
- Acts as a liaison between the company and the applicable supplier concerning delivery dates, technical problems, material deviations, damage claims, etc. Works closely with Quality Control, Culinary Innovation, and Inventory Management.
- Participates in the development of procurement strategies including requirements planning, alternate sourcing, timing of purchasing, inventory level adjustments etc.
- Develops agreements documenting negotiated terms from the solicitation process. Manages the process of fully executing agreement in timely fashion.
- Support Marketing initiatives that include limited time offers (LTOs) and new menu offerings by identifying suppliers, forecasting needs, and managing supplier inventory.
- Ensures suppliers submit accurate and timely price changes in accordance with agreements, and that pricing is communicated accurately and timely to distribution partners. Ensures suppliers production meets the need of the company.
- Monitors responsible commodities, communicating approved positions and provides routine position variance reporting.
- Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls
- Completes documented RFP process, obtain and analyze competitive bids from suppliers, conduct negotiations on pricing, manufacturing capacity, quality compliance, inventory levels to be maintained and product lead times for assigned categories. Makes recommendation based on supplier best meeting all attributes.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements
- Participates in the establishment of a company-wide food cost budget. Evaluates and analyzes previous contracts, performs market research to establish pricing trends, and investigates market conditions.
- Working knowledge of product specifications and distribution
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Approximately three (3) years of food purchasing responsibility preferably foodservice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong background in analysis both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong work ethic; commitment to seeing duties completed at a high standard of quality
- Knowledge of various food commodities markets
Company: CKE Restaurants, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A