View All Chevron Corporation JobsChevron Corporation
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of High-Performance Computer Software Engineer
- Participate on a team that works closely with HPC operations groups as well as developers and users in various functional groups (E.g., Geophysics, Geology, Reservoir Simulation).
- Work with the IT R&D group to establish and deliver a program of strategic research and technology development projects. Results will be generated by working closely with domain experts in the businesses.
- Identify suitable advanced computing techniques and technologies and apply them to relevant application areas within Chevron.
- Be accountable for technology development to deliver High Performance Computing solutions that implement novel, proprietary algorithms, and workflows.
- Lead and contribute to Software Development projects, take ownership of software products and projects, and personally apply and grow technical skills in the Advanced Computing space.
- Experience in the development and deployment of large-scale scientific computing applications and workflows.
- Experience in developing, analyzing, profiling, and improving scalability of scientific HPC algorithms.
- Knowledge of HPC system infrastructure (compute, network, storage, software stacks).
- Robust background in numerical techniques (numerical partial differential equations, mathematical optimization, etc.).
- User and developer-level experience in utilizing HPC/Cluster compute environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, computational science, physics, math, or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Practical experience in the application of parallel programming paradigms (MPI, OpenMP, SIMD/Vectorization) to scientific computing problems.
- Strong programming skills with experience in C/C++ and other relevant languages with focus on scientific programming.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A