Website Chipotle Mexican Grill
As a member of Chipotle’s Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) team, the Supplier Food Safety Technologist helps ensure the safety and quality of fresh produce ingredients throughout Chipotle’s supply chain network. This position conducts on-site assessments of growers, packinghouses, processors, and distribution centers to evaluate risk and ensure ongoing compliance with Chipotle FSQA expectations. The Supplier Food Safety Technologist also works with cross-functional teams such as supply chain, logistics, and culinary to evaluate new potential products and/or suppliers, providing technical feedback on capabilities and risk. This role requires travel 50%-75% of the time
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and evaluating ingredient risk assessments and supplier improvement plans.
- Partnering with supply chain and culinary teams to evaluate new potential suppliers and growers.
- Performing on-site assessments to evaluate risk throughout all nodes of the fresh produce supply chain, including but not limited to growers, packinghouses, processing facilities, cooling operations, and distribution centers. This includes verification of identified corrective actions.
- Partner with supply chain and logistics teams to disposition non-conforming products at distribution centers.
- Assuring the food safety and quality of existing fresh produce ingredients by evaluating supplier food safety programs and verifying compliance with Chipotle FSQA requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Food Microbiology, or related technical field is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the food/agriculture industry performing activities directly related to food safety (FSQA, auditing, product development, etc.).
- Advanced HACCP certification preferred.
- Lead Assessor Training (ISO 9000 or ISO 22000) is preferred.
- Must be able to travel 50% – 75% of the time.
- Must have experience writing technical reports.
- Must have familiarity with various types of fresh produce facilities, and be comfortable providing technical guidance on process controls and operations.
Company: Chipotle Mexican Grill
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A