- The Enterprise Domain Data Architect / Architecture Principal position is responsible for managing the data concerns of large, complex and highly visible programs within IT. The major focus for this position will be on domain-specific operational data – from sourcing and ingestion, to conformance, integration, quality management, and governance and implementation of standards and patterns that enable a reliable source of truth to be consumed in a trusted manner by our most important operational systems.
- This position independently interfaces with key senior leaders up to VP level stakeholders from the business segments, the functional operational areas and IT Applications, Enterprise Architecture, Operations and Security.
- This role is also responsible for matrix-managing teams of data specialists engaged in project work on behalf of the domain. This will involve understanding work stream needs and the personnel/skills necessary to meet them, and working with Architecture Director peers to ensure the right blend of skills is available to support program planning, execution and maintenance underway at any given time.
- This role has ultimate accountability for ensuring the data domain-specific business and technology needs are met and programs are delivered on time and within budget and agreed upon scope.
- Oversee and be accountable for the operational data architectures of a broad set of initiatives including those with a high level of project risk and work plan complexity
- Contribute to Enterprise-wide platform and solution architectures to ensure that major business operational data needs and capabilities are met
- Develop dataflow and workflow patterns that facilitate and maintain a high-degree of trust and accuracy in Cigna’s operational data
- Serve as a senior point of escalation for staff, business sponsors, IT executives and key project stakeholders to address data-related challenges and aspirations
- Act as a source of sound counsel to senior IT and business leaders on a wide variety of domain-specific data related topics
- Partner with senior leadership from the Business and IT community to identify and prioritize opportunities for achieving the goals of Cigna’s Enterprise Data Strategy
- Provide consultative support in the area of business strategy development and solution assessments
- Guide and oversee staff in the development of program delivery strategies ensuring alignment with the supporting business cases as well as the associated enterprise-wide project plans and contingency plans
- Assist with formulating adjustments to project scope, timing, and budgets as needed by applying established governance mechanisms, best practices, and Cigna’s project management principles
- Develop communication plans and interfaces with matrix teams, IT leadership, business leadership, and external vendors/partners
- Track and monitor the progress of key projects/programs and their associated milestones and recommend adjustments as necessary
- Become a proactive trusted advisor to Business – develop relationships with key Business and IT matrix partners
Qualification & Experience:
- Effective people and matrix management skills and strong ability to collaborate with IT peers to drive consistency in Cigna’s Data Architecture delivery effectiveness
- Several years of practical experience in agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and principles
- Consistent demonstration of key leadership behaviors and skills such as concise communication, influencing, stakeholder/relationship management, thought leadership, and direction setting
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other related field is required
- Strong communication skills, especially when interfacing with senior level executives in both Business and IT
- Recognized leader with proven track record of delivering data management related software engineering initiatives, IT-application initiatives, and/or cross IT/business initiatives with scope and budget commensurate with $25-$50M program portfolios
- Extensive experience with operational data management disciplines, principles and practices such as Master Data
- Management, Metadata Management, and Data Quality Management
- Extensive knowledge and applied expertise in Data Architecture and Software Engineering methodologies
- Proven ability to influence others and to resolve difficult and politically-spirited issues and mitigate risks that have the potential of undermining the delivery of critical initiatives
- 8-10 years of IT and business/industry work experience, healthcare-related preferred, in a leadership role managing large-scale projects and programs
- Consistent demonstration of key professional competencies: courage, leadership, managing vision, purpose and focus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A