The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for performing tasks related to receiving product, stocking and replenishment, and inventory control. This includes safely unloading trucks and unpacking received product, comparing the purchase order to the product received for accuracy, counting quantities of product received and ensuring the quality of the product is at an acceptable level, and removing damaged or non-conforming product using data entry and retrieval devices to record receipt transaction (using scanners and computer input). In addition, this position safely transfers material from receiving area to warehouse or dispensing locations and ensures proper stock rotation—utilizing PDAs to update the inventory system. The Warehouse Assistant also audits shelf counts for accuracy, reviews inventory for short-dated and expired product, and reports discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Safely unpack and evaluate incoming product for correct count and condition in comparison to purchase orders.
- Communicate discrepancies or issues as they are occur to the appropriate personnel.
- Safe operation of material handling equipment and hand tools such as forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and electric), carts, dollies, box cutters, wire cutters, etc.—to unload trucks and stock the warehouse/pharmacy.
- Accurate data entry and retrieval using computers, and scanners (PDA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bin and shelf inventory maintenance and stock rotation—including shelf counts, short shelf life and expired product audits.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned work stations and areas.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate heavy work volumes.
- Ability to read and differentiate small print.
- Basic math, organization, computer, and communication skills.
- DSCSA working knowledge/experience preferred.
- Ability to accurately compare two sets of data.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to do repetitive bending, squatting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and hand motions.
- 0-1 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to walk/stand for full shift.
- Bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A