- Help us architect our future. Get ready for a job that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Do you have a premium-brand regional or strategy experience? If so, prepare to innovate, create and inspire. The Maintenance Technician (Automation Engineer Senior Analyst) is a Tier 1 responder who is primarily responsible for conducting preventive and corrective maintenance. The Maintenance Technician conducts troubleshooting and advanced repair and maintenance of automated equipment including, Electrical, Controls, Robots, conveyor systems, and vision systems in a high volume Pharmaceutical production environment. Also, the Maintenance Technician will perform problem-solving and implement solutions to improve variances between the machine operation and the defined equipment specifications.
- Repairs and diagnoses faulty mechanical equipment including, repairing or replacing gearboxes, bearings, conveyors, robots, and various pneumatic components
- Uses electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings and schematics to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Repairs and diagnoses faulty electrical equipment and circuits including; motors, motor controllers, circuit boards, power supplies, and I/O modules
- Observes system for degraded performance using routine inspections, monitoring tools, and diagnostic equipment.
- Documents all emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance work via work orders associated with Computerized
- Maintenance Management System (CMMS – MAXIMO).
- Performs routine and advanced level maintenance and service on automated equipment
- Maintains reliability of the pharmacy automation equipment by executing preventive, corrective, and emergency work orders.
- Performs equipment modifications and upgrades as needed and helps maintain spare parts inventory
- Commits to required training for compliance, skill gaps and new skill learning
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical equipment; including repairs, set up, adjustments and tuning of mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Practical knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance systems, Computerized Maintenance Management
- Systems (CMMS) to report and follow-up on maintenance procedures and work orders
- Ability to troubleshoot motors and motor controllers, including different models of variable frequency drives
- Competent use of all tools and ability to follow procedures needed to the repair precision electro-mechanical machinery successfully first time
- Occasional travel to other sites or vendor locations for training may be required
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic drawings and schematics
- Preferred experience working in a pharmaceutical environment or an FDA regulated manufacturing facility
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, including the use of a Multimeter
- 2-5 years of Industrial Maintenance experience
- Ability to work well with others and to work independently
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A