View All Cigna JobsCigna
- This role is all about demonstrating daily support of Consumer Health Engagement Cultural Beliefs. Our Medical Assistants are the linchpins to ensure we achieve better health outcomes for our customers.
- Customer Strong – Make a WOW difference for our customers
- Me to We – Take accountability to trust, collaborate and partner
- Own It! See a need and act
- Be Bold: Challenge the status quo
- Listen to Advocate: What matters to you, matters to us
- Think it Through: Proactively deliver solutions focused on doing the right thing
- Prepares examination room
- Greet and check in patients at the health care centers by verifying coverage and eligibility and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Responsible for the adoption and demonstration of the Consumer Health Engagement cultural beliefs. Be a role model for the six cultural beliefs to drive personal accountability and organizational results.
- Attends department Staff Meetings and In-service programs
- Schedule appointments and verify membership according to various benefit coverage
- Reviews pre-printed instruction sheets with patients
- Obtains the patient history, takes vital signs, and assists with coordination of care.
- Administers medications
- Cross-trains to new procedures and departments.
- Answer telephone in compliance with departmental procedures. Ascertain nature of call and route appropriately. If necessary, take accurate and legible messages.
- Assists in orienting new employees and temporary pool staff to job responsibilities.
- Cleans and sterilizes instrument per protocol
Qualification & Experience:
- CMA or RMA Certification
- Customer-centric Focus
- Dynamic personality
- Graduate of approved MA program
- Current BCLS required
- At least 1 or more years of front and back office experience
- Phlebotomy skills
- Solid Computer skills including Electronic Health Records
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Team oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to work clinic hours
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A