View All Cigna JobsCigna
- As employees supporting Cigna’s Government Business, we believe in doing everything we can to help our customers lead healthier, more secure lives. We advocate for and partner with our customers, providers and stakeholders, and we do this by creating personalized, differentiated, and simpler solutions throughout the customer life cycle. We strive to maximize the value we deliver through integration with core enterprise capabilities. And, as stewards of taxpayer money, we’re committed to deploying resources wisely. In this way, Cigna’s Government Business seeks to be the undisputed partner of choice for individual and government-sponsored health plans and products
- Development of MA specific provider network strategy within specific geography/market to provide chassis for affordable and accessible product offering to seniors. Includes assessing market competitor’s networks, evaluating and identifying providers capable of delivering on value based contract arrangements.
- Maintaining market compliance with CMS and any State requirements for MA plans
- Development, recruitment and retention of local MA market team teams, both direct reports and matrix assigned market teams
- MA Market P&L ownership across revenue, membership, medical costs and direct admin costs
- Decision rights for MA product offerings within segment guiding principles to deliver affordable and accessible MA plans with specific geography/market of responsibility. Includes assessing competitor MA plan designs, network cost and value configurations to set MA plan benefits and premiums within Cigna’s segment wide MA Product and Pricing Guidelines
- Responsibility for local MA Provider network development and management
- Local market MA value proposition, combination of provider network configuration/affordability and benefit plan offerings to grow and retain MA membership
- Hiring decisions for direct reporting team; input for market based matrix teams
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to assume broader organizational responsibilities as warranted.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex systems and change management across a large organization.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, distribution management, contracting and network savvy, business owner mindset and ability to successfully lead in an ambiguous and changing market with the evolution of healthcare reform, collaborative care and delivery system alliance development and expansion, and the need for governmental influence and savvy.
- Demonstrated results in being able to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plan.
- Degree in health administration, business administration, or another related field (MBA desirable) and/or 20+ years in a progressively responsible leadership role focused on managed Medicare and provider engagement.
- 25-35% of local travel required
- Capable of effectively messaging detailed value propositions to key stakeholders that blends operational know how and technical skills with market savvy and vision/strategy.
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment. Ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
- Experience in business management with responsibility for day-to-day management of short and long-term goals and objectives, health care expenditures, department budgets, and human resource management.
- Leader from a large, complex managed care organization or provider system with an innovative risk oriented capability with a proven ability to lead a portfolio of markets or business units that is both analytical and customer oriented from a strategic and operational perspective.
- A team player with experience in complex matrix environments with the ability to build consensus among divergent interests and competing organizational needs.
- Proven success in developing strategic and operational platforms and leading / mentoring a high-performance management team.
- Experience building strong and authentic relationships with large health systems and provider groups.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen, including the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; allocates resources and manages operating expenses to maximize P&L while managing risk.
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking with a perspective of our provider partners and customers.
- Effective communicator to executive level staff and external audiences balanced with strong interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A