View All Cigna JobsCigna
- The Data Science/Business Analytics team is searching for an energetic and data driven Senior Agile Product Owner for a new Clinical Program Evaluation Tool. The Product Owner will be involved in the development and implementation process for this new product.
You will be responsible for helping to shape our analytic product strategy and translating the strategy to the delivery teams and ensuring production deployment meets the product strategy and data science goals. The role requires understanding of end-to-end data sourcing, analytic product development, and implementation of analytic products into end user IT systems. The product owner must be resourceful and passionate; someone who can jump into details to figure out the business and operational problems and who has the technical, communication, and data skills to find, design, and build better solutions. You will primarily be interfacing with data scientists, engineers, and subject matter experts.
- Trains end users and monitors usage of tools for improved adoption
- Partner and communicate effectively with engineering, data science, solutions, and operations teams to ensure alignment and understand key business objectives, direction, and vision of the product, based upon the product goals.
- Dedicated to continually building your domain expertise
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Responsible for regular communication of project status and value to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Being able to break up the overall goals into meaningful chunks of work to facilitate the development of agile teams and creating requirements
- Proactively collaborates with Product Owners across multiple Agile Release Trains and Solution Trains to prioritize deliverables
- Ensures stories clearly communicate customer/stakeholder needs
- Responsible for documentation and maintaining product descriptions
- Maintains and refines product backlog
- Decomposes features into user stories and acceptance criteria when creating features
- Responsible for final decisions on product functionality
- Works with Data Science business owners and subject matter experts to ensure that they are engaged and supportive of direction
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong analytical capabilities and experience (data analytics experience preferred)
- Experience with agile and fast paced decision making environments
- Change leader who will be proactive in assisting in positive growth for the future
- Product Management experience creating roadmaps, and translating solutions into detailed user stories and managing a story backlog
- Previous experience in the following tools highly desired: Jira, Rally, SharePoint, Excel, Confluence
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership
- High energy go getter who can lead and is action oriented in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Clinical, Healthcare or Public Health
- Experience working with Clinical data (Medical claims would be a plus) REQUIRED
- At least 3+ years of experience working in health insurance REQUIRED
- Strategic thinker with both sound and broad business acumen
- Agile experience as a project or product manager required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A